- ‘Free Thinking’ contributor, BBC Radio 3, February 2018: A Sentimental Journey. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09t2g8g
- ‘In Our Time’ panel contributor, BBC Radio 4, April 2014: Tristram Shandy. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0418phf
- Co-Curator, Virtual Exhibition, 2013: ‘The Oates Collection’; with Cambridge University Library. https://exhibitions.lib.cam.ac.uk/laurencesterne/
- Co-creator, Text and Video Content, with Cambridge University Communications Office, 2013: ‘Sterne at 300’. http://youtu.be/G0_qt4_XeYk
Academic Appointments and Employment
Selected posts and appointments, held over various years, collectively represented per institution.
- Qualification, Maître de conférences: Langues et littératures anglaises. Competitive qualification to teach at French universities.
- Bye-Fellow; Academic Associate; acting Director of Studies, and Supervisor in English, Pembroke College, Cambridge.
- Senior Research Associate, Faculty of English, University of Cambridge.
- Fellow and Tutor; acting Director of Studies, and Supervisor in English, Wolfson College, Cambridge.
- Lecturer, supervisor, and examiner, Education with English and Drama BA, Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge.
- Affiliated Lecturer; Bye-Fellow; Director of Studies and Special Supervisor in English, Newnhan College, Cambridge.
- Lecturer, Pembroke-King’s Summer Programme: course creator for ‘Jane Austen: Life, Works, Times’ and ‘Splendour & Squalor: Eighteenth-Century British Culture’.
- Affiliated Lecturer, Faculty of English, University of Cambridge.
- Course Convenor and Lecturer for ‘Rise of the Novel’ course, King’s College, London.
- Supervisor (academic tutor), English Literature BA, University of Cambridge.
Conference and Event Organisation
- Co-Organiser, International Laurence Sterne Foundation Conference, Utrecht, November 2019.
- Organiser, Laurence Sterne 250-Year Anniversary Conference, Jesus College, Cambridge, March 2018.
Selected Conference Papers and Guest Lectures
2021: ‘“[It] were wisdome it selfe, to read all Authors, as Anonymo’s”: Anonymity, Virtual Communities, and Sterneana’, Form, Media, Digitisation: Adaptation in Sterne, Sterneana, and Beyond, virtual conference co-organised by Northumbria University and the University of Cambridge for the Sterne Digital Library project
2020: ‘Conscious Couplings: Creating Natural Conjunctions in Tristram Shandy’, British Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies annual conference, University of Oxford
2019: ‘Time, Space and Narrative in Laurence Sterne’s Fiction and Visual Sterneana’, Congress of International Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies, Edinburgh
2018: ‘“Alas, poor Yorick!”: Laurence Sterne’s A Sentimental Journey after 250 years’, Wolfson College Humanities Society, Cambridge
2017: ∙ ‘Cocks and Bulls: Laurence Sterne’s Tristram Shandy into Film’, Magdalene Festival of Change, Cambridge
∙ ‘Sterneana, any “ana”?: New Methods for Analysing and Contextualising Sternean Adaptations’, International Laurence Sterne Foundation conference, Bygdoszcz, Poland
∙ ‘“Othering” Sterne: The Absent-Presence of Anonymity in Sterneana’, BSECS annual conference, St Hugh’s College, Oxford
2016: ‘Serial Book Publication and Book Illustration’, guest lecture and workshops, MA in Publishing, l’Université de Strasbourg
2015: ‘The Commercial Interests Involved in Sterneana’, Congress of International Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies, Rotterdam
∙ ‘Repackaging Gothic Fiction: Jane Austen’s Northanger Abbey and the British Book Market, c. 1800′, guest lecture and workshops, MA in Publishing, l’Université de Strasbourg
2014: ‘Adaptations of Sterne’s Fiction in the Digital Age’, Contacts, Frictions, Clashes SEARCH conference, Université de Strasbourg
∙ ‘The Rape of the Lock: Adaptations and Illustrations’, guest lecture and workshops, MA in Publishing, l’Université de Strasbourg
2013: ∙ ‘Laurence Sterne at 300’, illustrated talk forNewnham Arts Society, Cambridge
∙ ‘Laurence Sterne meets Denis Diderot’, MML Research Seminar, Cambridge
∙ ‘The ‘first annotated’ Sentimental Journey?’,Sterne Tercentenary Conference,Royal Holloway, University of London
2012: ‘Sterne and Caricature’, Sterne and Humour book colloquium, Université de Strasbourg
2010: ‘Parasitic Parody’, BSECS annual conference, St Hugh’s College, Oxford
2007: ‘Shandean Theatricality’, book-launch symposium for René Bosch, Labyrinth of Digressions,Huizinga Institute, Amsterdam
2006: ‘From Laurence, to Lesley, to Lytton: Bloomsbury Perspectives on Eighteenth-Century Literature’, Virginia Woolf Society Annual Lecture, Trinity Hall, Cambridge