- Since 2013 I have sat on the editorial board of The Shandean, a long-running international scholarly journal that foregrounds research on the work, life, and times of eighteenth-century author Laurence Sterne. Editorial tasks include soliciting and peer-reviewing submissions, copyediting, and overall journal assembly. The Shandean will circulate as a print edition until 2023. It will then move to an online Open Access model with rolling publication.
Online digital edition: Sterne Digital Library
- I am co-manager with Helen Williams of Laurence Sterne and Sterneana, an Open Access digital edition of Laurence Sterne’s works and key items of Sterneana (adaptations of his work) hosted on Cambridge Digital Library, the digitisation arm of Cambridge University Library.
- I have co-edited two collections of scholarly essays: Laurence Sterne’s A Sentimental Journey: ‘A Legacy to the World’, ed. with W. B. Gerard (Lewisburg: Bucknell University Press, 2021), and Adaptation and Digitization in the Long Eighteenth Century: Sterneana and Beyond, ed. with Helen Williams, a special feature of the journal 1650-1850: Ideas, Aesthetics, and Enquiries in the Early Modern Era (Rutgers, forthcoming 2022). I am currently co-editing a major collection of essays, The Eighteenth-Century British Novel and the Arts, under publication contract with Edinburgh University Press for 2024.
Personal publishing projects
- I have published numerous scholarly articles, and an academic monograph (Adaptations of Laurence Sterne’s Fiction: Sterneana, 1760-1840 (Farnham: Ashgate, 2013)). This involves adhering to different style sheets and in-house practices, and liaising with editors based at a range of presses.
- I have built various websites promoting research projects and conferences I have organised. Apart from the present site, my most current co-authored website is allied to the Sterne Digital Library project.
Copy-editing and proofreading
- I have undertaken multiple freelance copyediting and proofreading commissions in the arts and humanities and social sciences, including literature, philosophy, and sociology, including two PhD theses, a collection of scholarly essays, numerous scholarly articles, and an academic monograph.